Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Crocheted and Felted Flower Pin Tutorial

A while back I went to town crocheting flowers for appliqués. I am now sick of looking at them, I needed to make them useful items.
I had an idea, here we go, I'll take you through it. I sewed the little one on top of the big one at the center.
They don't have to be the same color, just complimentary.
Now you'll need your needle felting wool. Pick a bright complimentary color for a center.
Get poking...
stick to the center...
you can leave it a bit fuzzy, felt it tight, large, small. I choose what looks best as I go.
Then I grab a pin back and use any remaining yarn to sew in on. You can also use thread if there's no extra yarn.
Tada!

Here are some others, all different, all cute and all fun to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment