Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Even Simpler Bear Sweater

This post is continued from yesterday. We started the back of this simple bear sweater. Today we'll work on the front panels. I like to knit the front panels and sleeves together because they will end up the same.

To do this with one skein of yarn I use the strand of yarn from the inside of the skein and the strand of yarn on the outside. I don't usually have a problem doing this as long as I'm careful.

Left and Right Front

CO (11)13 sts twice with separate yarn
Work like the back on both panels until 1/2" less than the back. End on the (WS).
Next row (RS) K(11)13, next panel BO (4)6, K to end
Next row (WS) P(7)9, next panel BO (4)6, P to end
Next row (RS) K(7)9, next panel BO (3)5, K to end
Next row (WS) P(4)6, next panel BO (3)5, P to end
Next row (RS) BO (4)6 on both panels

Tomorrow I will tell you about my revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment