Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Forest

Red Buckeye

Four years ago my mom came for a visit. I don't know if she expected to work so hard but she did encourge the project. I'll have to post a picture of her garden some time. Anyway I wanted my own Ridley Creek Park in the backyard. We started with 2 huge circles underneath the big old Ash tree. We filled them with shade loving under story shrubs and wood chips. Thank goodness we found a free resource for the wood chips.

Sweet Shrub

This shot was taken about 2 years after the first gardens were put in. As you can see we've extended the original plan. Grassy area in the front and woods in the back.

The shrubs aren't tiny like this anymore!

We don't even have to continue putting wood chips down any more we just rake all the leaves into the back. This picture was taken last summer. It's our on going pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment