Thursday, March 28, 2013

Got A lot Done

Joanne suggested wrapping the neck with felt because you wouldn't need a lot of stuffing here then. You do want this area to move though.
Now it's all about getting everything the right size/length/placement.  
This is what Joanne says about the spine: "The spine goes almost all the way down, I stop maybe an inch from where he is sitting on his butt.  If it is too long it will poke out there right where the bottom curves in.  I have found when I stitch in the spine that I do not stitch the last inch or so."

The top edge of the body is fray checked and hemmed. 
Back to legs, these are the back legs, I checked the length of the Lockline making sure it didn't go all the way to the tip of the toe. It then gets wrapped with felt and stitched to secure. 
It's all a testing game now, lots of stuffing, unstuffing, pinning, unpinning and moving limbs over a smig.
I think I've got it.
Feet aren't splaying! 
Now time to fix the length on this spine like Joanne suggested.
Still lots of fiddling to do, the arms will be a challenge.

1 comment: