Thursday, July 21, 2011

Giant Anteater

I got all his parts looking the way they should yesterday.

But believe me I have a long way to go.

By the way, the needle felting devise I have on the tray is about the only needle felting needle you can buy locally. I found it to be quite useless, in fact a needle felt artist told me how useless they are. So I modified it. I had Gilbert take the shield off it that is there for your protection. (Needle felting is very dangerous or maybe just painful!) I believe the shield was pushing the felt down and not allowing the needles to felt right. I'm happy to say that this was correct! It actually works now. The only problem now is a safety issue when you set it down. I can live with that.

2 comments:

  1. He looks wonderful! I love seeing his progress.
    I never use a felting tool, just the needles. I didn't know that they could protect you. I have gotten some really good stabs, ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm gone a while and I never know what I'll see here, this guy is fab!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete