Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Changing Something For Me

This project is a challenge at every turn. Above I'm about to begin felting, remember I've covered a cardboard tube with poly batting.

I actually got quite far with it by felting sideways but finally gave up the idea...

...and cut the stupid thing off! My wonderful open tube idea was not gonna work either. Too small, too restrictive, too precarious. Would have been as hard to get into as my Altoids box!

So back to the drawing board.

Having the felting stand alone was so much easier...

...and it wasn't hard to felt back on a tube. A tube which is uncut along the edge.

I'll think of another way to hide my needles.


Maybe in the top!

Have you guessed what I'm attempting to make yet?

My Florida mom suspects that this project, in and of itself, will attract cats to it. I'm sure she's right.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it, how ingenious, let us know if your mom is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's how you did it!
    Thanks
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete