Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Teddy Bear Dress: The Front

I mentioned earlier today that I was thinkin of modifying the dress pattern for a more rounded neck line. you may also notice that I already modified the pattern by not sewing in the darts. This gave the dress more room for a teddy bear.

I got out my tracing paper and got started. The lining piece needs to be 3/4" longer to make up for the missing darts.

Now both pieces are modified.

The front is on the fold and the back is in the middle.

Everything is cut out and accounted for.

The liner shoulder edges get ironed down a 1/4". You'll see why later.

The neckline and arm holes get sewed leaving the shoulder tops open.

I turned the front and liner and ironed it.

Tomorrow we'll do the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment