Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teddy Bears and Bear Conventions

When I was growing up I loved the old bears that my mother had...
and then I discovered bears like Jennifer Murphy's and her mom's.

They inspired me to make my own, this is my first.

My first blog posts explained how a beginner hobbyist could inexpensively make a jointed teddy bear with material found locally.

And then I was wowed again...


Joanne was making bears that looked as though they could crawl up to you themselves. Joanne and I got to exchanging blog comments which led to an invitation to meet at a bear convention in Philadelphia. That leads me to this years convention...

The Susan Quinlan Doll & Teddy Bear Museum invites you to attend their 3rd Annual Artist Doll & Teddy Bear Convention on May 2-4, 2013 at the Clarion Airport Hotel (formerly Ramada Airport Hotel) in Philadelphia, PA. http://www.quinlanmuseum.com/convention.html


The above pamphlet is for the artists and collectors who will attend the 3 day event but if you're like me living local then Saturday's the fun day for meeting and greeting all the doll and bear artists. They all love sharing their work, stories and process. The below link gives details for Saturday.

There is more to this story which I will share with you in my next post, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment