Friday, September 21, 2012

Bears for Babies

By now I've made a few bears and stuffed animals and just recently I was asked to make a couple more. These bears will be given to a baby and small child and that means special care must be taken.

I was thinking about safety joints and safety eyes but all of those things could be pulled out. I'll need to stick to appliqués, embroidery, and needle felting. I'll also be sewing the jointed legs and arms so that they can still move.

I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. Before I was so excited about the horns on the helmet, now I'm waiting like a child for the bears to be done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these fabric. I am curious to see how you will be jointing, thread jointing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Lea, too much hand sewing!

    I was thinking of taking 3 pieces of yarn through and knotting on each side. The fabric is perfect for kids!

    ReplyDelete