Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First Flowers

We've been attempting to turn half of our backyard into a woodland area. I'm not talking about acres of land, I'm talking about a big backyard. The other half being grass for playing yard games.

One of the native plants we put in is a Paw paw. We just planted a second last year for fruiting purposes. But my original one has decided to flower this year, yippee!


I thought it's flower compared to the native gingers flower. I like the chocolaty red color.

Now back to craft projects, here is the new owner of the raglan sleeve sweater. Straight from the Monkeyhouse!  http://monkeyhouseproductions.blogspot.com/  You look splendid!

And my latest scarf, the rectangle granny. It turned out a bit different than I had imagined but not bad at all. Because I didn't work with the same number of stitches for each row the whole thing twists. A welcome element.

Here's the last row of scallops. Next one I'll make sure the stitches are the same for each row for a flat version.

1 comment: