Thursday, March 24, 2011

Teddy Bear Dress: Finish

Time to sew the sides. Put the right sides of the front and back together and lift up and match the linings. The lining will be sewed along with the sides.

Then press. It looks like a dress.

This is how I do simple hems. First I press 1/4" around the entire bottom.

Then I fold another 1/4" and pin.

Then I sew around the hem on the machine holding the material taught and press.

A simple hook and eye will keep the back closed.

On the back side like so.

Mauve/Pink Bear can't wait to put it on.

She's already to go out...

...and happy as a lark!

I should have mentioned it earlier but this pattern is a McCall's Crafts #M4338

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I will be visiting this tutorial again a few times. I can design and stitch a bear with no problems, but clothing, oh boy that is another story. This has helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now she is ready to go out and enjoy spring!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete