Sunday, February 13, 2011

Copper Charm Bracelet

I wouldn't be very nice if I didn't show you how to make a simple copper bracelet for your charms. I already have the 18 gauge wire and if you don't, Lois at "A Beaded Affair" carries all sorts of copper supplies. She's in my blog list. You will need to pick up a pack of copper lobster clasps and a pack of different sized jump rings. My local Michaels' sells these. I also have a ruler, small paint brush, wire cutters, flat nose and needle nose pliers and a metal file.

Begin by setting out your jump rings along the ruler. The basic bracelet size is 7" - 7 1/2". We're using the bracelet I made as an example. Next we're cutting 7 + 1 pieces of wire, 2" long.

I cut an extra for mess ups so I don't have to go back and do an old step.

File the ends of these wires so they don't catch on things.

I found my small paint brush to be the right size for bending my wire pieces on. Bend each in the center.

Using your needle nose pliers and starting at one end of your wire begin forming a loop.

Make the loop touch.

Do the second end.

You can leave them like this or bend them back a bit like the above picture, it's up to you.

You'll notice that all our components stretch out to 8" but when it's put together it will be the size we want.


I've used smaller jump rings at the loop ends and bigger jump rings at our double ends. Slide the small jump rings into the loops, open the big jump rings with your flat nosed pliers and thread on your double ends. Be mindful of the fronts and the backs, you'd like them all going the same way.

Keep working across.

And in no time you're done!

This bracelet would be good for 1, 3, 5 or 7 charms.

Simple and pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for that tutorial, you make it look easy!
    You are the tutorial queen, you have so much creativity!!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete