Friday, July 9, 2010

Beaded Raptor Charms

Necessity is the mother of invention! If you don't have the charms you want, make them yourself. I want to look for thinner wire though. Someone mentioned gauge 32 and this was 28. I had trouble getting the wire through the third time to hide the end. I'll definitely be buying more colors of seed beads!

Bald Eagle

American Kestrel

Osprey

I have this sorta rule for myself, I don't use birds in my art work unless I've seen them. Trust me, it's been a treat to see every one of these birds. Honestly, the American Kestrel was the most interesting, the black spots on the back of their heads look like large eyes. This made him, at first, look almost like an owl. Very cool. All these birds can be seen from time to time at the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge in Philadelphia.

http://www.fws.gov/heinz/index.html

Note for Amy - very cool, used here is more appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment