Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Collar

Ok, let me confuse you for a minute. Left is right and right is left. What? When you lay your sweater down in front of you and the front is up, to the left side is your right front and to your right side is your left front. Now we can begin.

On the right sweater panel, with your needle, pick up the (7)9 stitches that were cast off. Start at the front edge. Next, from the holder, transfer (13)15 stitches to the needle. Lastly on the left panel, at the shoulder, pick up the (7)9 stitches that were cast off. You should have (27)33 stitches.

Now that you have all the stitches on the needle you're ready to knit. As I knit my first row, after picking up stitches, I will fix the stitches that aren't laying right. I do this by turning them around when necessary.

Row 1: P1, K1 to end
Row 2: K1, P1 to end
Row 3: BO in rib pattern

The collar is knitted and the side seams sewed. We're almost there. Here's the rough part for me, the button band. I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment