Saturday, May 12, 2018

Sherpa Bear








This is a project I've been wanting to do and avoided doing for a long time. Now I couldn't be more pleased! The below bear is my mom's childhood bear. He is made of lambskin with curly hair. I wanted to make a bear like him but had a hard time finding the curly lambskin. I finally did find it on Ebay. What I found seems much softer than the lambskin that was used on my mom's bear.

For anyone wanting to try their hand at sewing suede, there are ways to sew it on a machine. That's not what I did, I hand sewed the pieces with a whip stitch. Normally you would use a back stitch but leather doesn't fray!



I used a simple pattern from this shop: 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HelikaToys?ref=l2-shopheader-name

2 comments:

  1. Wow he is darling, great job. I have never seen curly lamb in white, (It's usually black) and I love it.

    ReplyDelete