Thursday, December 22, 2011

Melton Mowbray Meat Pie

My dad should get a kick out of this, I decided to make an English pub style dinner for Friday. Tucked inside and old English cookbook I acquired from my mom was a newspaper clipping for a cold meat pie, a large pork pie to be precise. The town of Melton Mowbray happens to be a favorite of ours, where we were able to have a pub lunch once. My mom kept wanting to go to American style eating places but that was not what we wanted!!!

Anyway, I know my sister wants this recipe so I thought I'd just share it with everyone.

If you are having trouble reading the recipe just click the picture and it should enlarge in a separate tab. By the way, my son's been saving bacon fat and that's what we used instead of lard. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment