Thursday, April 7, 2011

Copper Kitty

My dad had sent me some sheet copper and today I felt compelled to do something with it. Since I have a house full of kitties now I figured that was a good place to start. Let me take you through my process. Drawings, ya gotta make drawings. It didn't take long but here is where you want to make your mistakes.

After making my drawing satisfactory I needed to think about were to put a hole for hanging for a necklace. The above photo shows a hole that doesn't balance.

This hole is better and gives me an idea of correct positioning.

So I mark my holes on my template and then cut it out.

I use a glue stick to put my template on the metal.

Ok, in between gluing my template on and cutting out the kitty is a story in itself. A story of broken blades and frustration so I'm gonna give you a web site that addresses this. I will be studying it myself!!!

http://www.jatayu.com/Education/Tutorials/SFDtut.htm

I found it by Googling, ya'll gotta Google stuff you'll learn so much!

With uncountable broken blades I cut out Copper Kitty.

Now it's hole punch time. I ordered a hole punch on Ebay. All I'm gonna say about that is that it was broken before I received it. I bought one at Michael's afterward figuring that I could return it if there was a problem.

No problem, this puppy works!!!

Ain't she pretty!

More to come.

http://karenmakesstuff.blogspot.com/2011/04/copper-kitty-continued.html

1 comment: