Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thneed

March 2nd is Dr. Seuss' birthday and I will be volunteering at the elementary school that very day, Yipee! That means I get to read my favorite Seuss story, The Lorax and do a Seuss craft. I've been working on a bit of show and tell also.

The pink item here is a thneed, "A Thneed's a Fine Something-That-All-People-Need!" suffice it to say it has many uses.

You won't find a pattern for a thneed and each picture in the book shows a different style. You just have to wing it which is what the Once-ler probably did.

This piece will be donated to the school afterwards so that they can remember this lesson for years to come. The story of over using our precious resources.

Also see my Truffula Trees at:

http://karenmakesstuff.blogspot.com/2011/02/truffula-trees.html

2 comments: