Friday, May 14, 2010

Knitted Pot Holders

I've made lots of these pot holders in the past. They make great gifts and I like them better than any that I could purchase. I'll have them sewn up before the day is over. I use Sugar'n Cream cotton and for the backing I've used ticking, felt and flannel. The felt's the easiest since you don't have to turn it under. I sew them on the machine in either boxes or diamonds.

An easy project that's extremely useful which is always my goal. Wow, I just remembered, these pot holders were the first thing my mom taught me to knit when I was young. I don't think I got much farther either. My mom sewed the backing on and both my grandmoms received them as gifts. That sure takes me back.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for blogging this, would you believe that I STILL have not finished the ones you gave me to sew up?

    ReplyDelete