Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Garden

Garden nurseries are dangerous places for me. My husband doesn't have to buy me jewelry and pocketbooks he has to buy me plants. He liked this one as much as me and I even let him pick the color of the pot. It's a Jacqueline Hillier Elm. A small tree for container gardening. I'm a sucker for elms. Being brought up on Elm Lane was probably the reason. Of course you may all know the sad story of the American Elm. Thank goodness there are other sorts to meet my elm needs.

Hostas

In the spring I poke around the garden looking for new life. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm weird but it sure makes me smile when I find something coming up.

Blood Root

1 comment:

  1. Is it really an elm? How big will it get? I like the color of the pot. Nice hostas. I don't believe I have ever seen the bloodroot before, a new flower, don't see that every day!

    ReplyDelete